The EM AFS2 is capable of freeze subsitution progressive lowering of temperature (PLT) techniques along with allowing low temperature embedding and polymerization of resins. The unit includes LED illumination for easy viewing and working within the chamber.
The freeze subsitution processor EM FSP is an automatic reagent handling system which sits atop the EM AFS2. It dispenses reagents for both freeze substitution and PLT techniques. By automatically diluting reagents from 100% stock containers, it reduces reagent handling and user set up time. All the user needs to do is add their samples and reagents, press start and then return at the end of the run. Up to 20 samples can be processed automatically per run.
- "Deep Freeze" allows sample transfer at temperatures below -140°C
- Mouse controlled color screen
- USB flash drive/memory stick connectivity
- Fume exhaust system for operator safety
- One step preparation
- Efficient UV polymerization with built-in LED UV lamp
- FS and PLT
- "Check" function guides operator for filling reagents
- minimizes operator contact with toxic material
- Reduces risk of specimen loss